Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Finally ReleasedJon Ledford |
After two months of waiting, Warner Bros. finally released a patch for the frame rate and performance issues plaguing the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight.
Since the release of Batman: Arkham Knight on June 23, a large percentage of PC users found that their version of the game was plagued with technical issues, such as glitches, steep frame rate dips, texture degradation, sporadic freezes and visible lag. As a result, the game was shortly removed from Steam and all sales of the PC version were suspended. Now, Warner Bros. Interactive has finally released a patch that addresses most of these errors.
According to Warner Bros. Interactive, here are the major fixes being implemented with this new patch:
- Reduced frame rate hitches
- Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage
- Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
- More Comprehensive In-Game Settings
- Fixed low resolution texture bugs
- Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)
Warner Bros. and Rocksteady are still planning to add the following improvements in future PC updates:
- Adding support for SLI and Crossfire
- Adding support for the latest DLC & Season Pass content
- Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode
- Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play
- Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUs
In terms of downloadable content for the console versions of the game, you can expect a few extra AR combat challenges for Batman, Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman this month for Arkham Knight, as well as the classic Arkham Asylum Batsuit. There is also going to be a story-based Nightwing add-on that takes place after the events of Arkham Knight (hopefully this one is longer than the previous DLC packs). Warner Bros. Interactive has recently teased that the Tumbler Batmobile from the Nolan movie trilogy will be added to the game this month. We're still hoping to play Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman out in the open city of Gotham, Warner Bros.
Don't Forget to Bone Up on Your Bat-knowledge With These Videos