Thanks to Maxim, Gears of War: Judgment players can now enjoy the free "Haven" map and Execution multiplayer mode online.
The free content is actually arriving a bit earlier than originally expected, which is good news for anyone with a little extra break on the holiday weekend. "Haven" takes place in a snowy and icy city near the capitol. The return of Execution should make plenty of fans happy, as the competitive multiplayer mode was a favorite in the last entry.
Ahead of the free content's release, Epic has also put out the first title update for Judgment. In addition to creating playlists specifically for Execution and the new map (which will grant double XP for a limited time), the fixes include plenty of improvements to the game's multiplayer. You can check out a full list of the changes below, as well as screenshots of the new content.
- Various dedicated server improvements.
- Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
- Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
- Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
- Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
- If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
- Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
- While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
- The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
- The “Spray and Pray” ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
- If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
- You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
- Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
- Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
- You will now see XP tallies between matches.