Mark of the Ninja Special Edition DLC to Step Out of the Shadows This Summer
Mark of the Ninja is an insanely fun game that lets you step into the soft shoes of a shinobi and was also one of our 25 Best Games of 2012. Now a new Special Edition is on its way to give us even more of this fantastic title.
Klei Entertainment will unleash the beefed up version of the game soon, but has released some of the details about the Special Edition in order to entice us.
Since they envisioned Mark of the Ninja to be a stand-alone game, adding more content that extended the narrative wouldn't make sense. So instead, they thought of what it might be like if the game had a "Criterion Collection" version of the game.
The result was the Special Edition which, according to the official site, will include:
- A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the ninja’s tattoo artist), that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.
- A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game.
- Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date).
- Finally, we’ve added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary nodes that discuss various aspects of the game’s creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.
- Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese. (Which our amazing community has helped us to translate.)
The Special Edition will be available as downloadable content on Xbox LIVE Arcade and Steam this summer, but no specific release date or price has been set.
Will you be grabbing this DLC when it drops? Or will you let it slip back into the shadows? Let us know!