Master Chief Collection Update Brings Spartan Ops, Fixes and More
On Halo Waypoint, 343 Industries recently made a post summarizing all the changes being implemented into Halo: The Master Chief Collection's newest patch, which should now automatically update itself the next time you play the game. This patch includes every episode of Halo 4's multiplayer co-op mode, Spartan Ops, as well as fixes to the anthology's multiplayer matchmaking across each specific Halo game.
Here is a list of every change that 343 Industries is implementing with this content update:
- Added the entirety of Halo 4’s Spartan Ops mode
- Made an update to make sure a match only starts when teams are even.
- Players will now receive a ‘loss’ when disconnecting before a round has ended.
- Made an update to include all split screen players in vote tally.
- Resolved an issue that caused players to become stuck “Joining Session.”
- Resolved an issue where players could be dropped from matchmaking after disconnecting their controller.
General Multiplayer Updates:
- Made additional improvements to Halo: CE hit registration.
- Made an update to the “Halo 2: Anniversary Career Progress” page to ensure achievements are correctly tracked.
- Fixed an issue where it took a long time to join players that are in a Multiplayer lobby.
General UI/Menu Updates:
- Made additional improvements to Roster update times.
- Fixed Halo 3 game type text when viewing saved data in “My Files”.
Halo 2: Anniversary Campaign:
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Black Eye Skull’ incorrectly prevented players from reaching checkpoints.
- Fixed an issue where cross-game playlists could fail to progress to the next level.
- Made several fixes to Campaign Playlist Carnage Reports.
- Fixed an issue where Halo 3 Cooperative Playlist progress would not save correctly when completing a mission.
- Made changes to ensure that Competitive Scoring and Timing are tracked correctly in Halo CE and Halo 2 Campaign Playlists.
Stats & Medals:
- Made updates to improve stat tracking.
- Fixed an issue where the “Steaktacular” medal would not be correctly awarded in Halo 3.
- Fixed an issue where the “Supercombine” medal would be incorrectly awarded in the Halo 4 Campaign.
- Made an update to ensure that the “Flaming Ninja Anniversary” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met.
- Updated the Halo 2 “Boxer” Button Layout.
- Updated the Halo 4 “Legacy” Thumbstick Layout.
- Made several updates to improve overall game stability.
343 Industries notes that a lot of people are asking about having dedicated server support for The Master Chief Collection's online multiplayer. They mention that most of the games in the anthology are already running on dedicated servers. Even if a player can't connect to it, the lobby will stay together and attempt to connect players via peer-to-peer linking. Just because it doesn't say "Connecting to dedicated server," doesn't mean it's not happening.
It looks like we're going to have to wait a little bit longer for 343 Industries to add Halo 3: ODST to The Master Chief Collection.
Go home, Chief. You're drunk.