Capcom Announces Brand New Super Street Fighter IV Update at PAX East
Street Fighter IV not good enough for you? How about Super Street Fighter IV? Still not good enough? How about Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. Still not floating your boat. Fine, how about Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Version 2012. You still aren’t satisfied? What does Capcom have to do to please you people?
Yes, Capcom is reliving their glory days of releasing a million and one different versions of the same Street Fighter game by announcing yet another update to Super Street Fighter IV. This as of yet untitled update comes to us by way of the Capcom panel at PAX East. The update has not yet been dated for release.
In a huge departure from their normal method of operation, Capcom is actually letting fans suggest the balance changes this time around. Each week they will be opening up character specific threads on the Capcom-Unity forums to balance suggestions from the Street Fighter fanbase. This week fans will be able to suggest changes for M.Bison, Balrog, E. Honda, Ken, Sagat, Sakura, Makoto, Dudley, Guile, and Ryu. A full schedule for these community suggestions has been made available by Capcom and can be viewed below.
- Week 1 (3/22-3/28) - Balrog, M. Bison, E. Honda, Ken, Sagat, Sakura, Makoto, Dudley, Guile, Ryu
- Week 2 (3/29-4/4) - T. Hawk, Zangief, Dhalsim, Chun-Li, Blanka, Gouken, Dan, Rufus, Cody, Vega
- Week 3 (4/5-4/11) - Juri, Evil Ryu, Yun, Yang, Abel, Dee Jay, Hakan, Rose, Guy, Gen
- Week 4 (4/12-4/18) - Cammy, Seth, Akuma, C. Viper, Adon, Ibuki, El Fuerte, Fei Long, Oni
- Week 5 (4/19-4/25) - System and additional character changes
- Additional time (4/26-4/30) - Additional changes
Capcom says they will listen to all of their fans, but no fan suggested changes are actually guaranteed to make it into the game. Fans are encouraged to think out their suggestions and provide them in detail along with a solid reasoning for why the change would help to balance a character. No one hit kill fireballs, please.