2K Games and Gearbox Software have officially announced that the Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition will become available on Oct. 8 for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software, said, “For us and for fans, the love for Borderlands 2 has been nothing short of spectacular, so it's natural for us here at Gearbox Software to want everyone else to have a chance to experience the best-selling game and its most valuable expansion content."
According to the press release, the GOTY Edition will come packed with the following content:
- Borderlands 2 Main Game;
- Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty;
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage;
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt;
- Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep;
- Creature Slaughter Dome;
- Premiere Club Content:
- Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class;
- Gearbox Gun Pack;
- Golden Key;
- Vault Hunter's Relic;
- Krieg, the Psycho Character Class;
- Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins;
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1.
This means that newcomers will get access to all of the available Vault Hunters and the add-on campaigns that were included in the game's Season Pass. All of this content is worth over $100, but will be packed in with the GOTY Edition, which will retail for $59.99.
Let us know if you're going to take the trip to Pandora when this GOTY Edition is released in October.