PlayStation 4 and Titanfall Lead NPD Sales Figures for April
While Titanfall continues to reign supreme in terms of software sales, Xbox One is still a few million behind PlayStation 4 overall.
CVG reports that Titanfall has taken the number one spot in US retail numbers for the second month in a row according to an NPD summary. Also, Sony has reportedly trumped Microsoft yet again by shipping more than 7 million PS4 systems as of April 6. Compared to Sony, Microsoft claims more than 5 million Xbox One units were sold. Titanfall’s reign at number one for the month of April can be partially attributed to the game’s delayed launch for Xbox 360, which has surprisingly outsold its Xbox One and PC counterparts.
In terms of actual sales, here is a list of the best-selling games of April 2014 in order of physical units sold, along with which version of the game sold the most:
- Titanfall (360, XBO, PC)
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, NWU, PC)
- NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, PC)
- Minecraft (360)
- LEGO The Hobbit (360, PS3, One, PS4, 3DS, NWU, PSV)
- The LEGO Movie Videogame (360, 3DS, PS3, NWU, XBO, PS4, PSV)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, NDS, 3DS, PS4, NWU, XBO, PSV, PC)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4, 360, PS3, NWU, 3DS)
- Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (360, PS3, PS4, XBO, NWU, PC)