Star Wars: Uprising Gameplay Blends Together Diablo With the Force
Kabam has posted some intriguing footage of Star Wars: Uprising, introducing us to some of its top-down RPG mechanics set in the aftermath of Emperor Palpatine's downfall. That's right — Star Wars: Uprising will be one of the first canon stories set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, which will help setup the backstory going into the highly anticipated seventh episode of the series. This alpha footage features a group of ragtag characters going to war with the remnants of the Empire, armed with only blasters and swords (metal ones, not lightsabers).
Here's what developer Kabam said about this intergalactic adventure:
- Create the Hero the Galaxy Needs - Choose from a wide range of special skills, species, visual customizations and classic Star Wars gear to become the next Han Solo, Boba Fett or entirely unique hero of your own design.
- Shape the Future of the Game Universe - Join players worldwide in massive sector-wide battles to dictate the expansion of in-game content, including new planets, exclusive gear and unique crew members.
- A New Chapter in Star Wars - Play the first mobile game in the Star Wars universe that takes place between Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Real-Time Co-op Against the Empire - Explore the secrets of the sector, build a powerful crew with allies, and play alongside friends in synchronous cooperative play.
- Brave Challenges on Classic and New Worlds - Battle your way through missions on Hoth, Cloud City and more, fighting against powerful bosses led by an ominous new adversary.
Star Wars: Uprising is expected to launch sometime this fall for the Android and iOS formats. Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be hitting theaters on Dec. 18.
100 Video Game Facts You May Not Know