Fallout Shelter Launches for Android, iOS Version Updated
Bethesda's free-to-play vault manager for smartphones has finally launched on the Android format. Also, its iOS version has had a significant update.
After debuting almost two months ago, Fallout Shelter has finally launched for Android devices. Fallout Shelter was originally announced during Bethesda's big press conference at E3 2015 this past June, and the game launched on the App Store for iOS devices that same day. Since then, Android users were twiddling their thumbs in wait while iPhone and iPad users got to go crazy with their vaults. Now, the vault doors have opened. The new Android version of the game has a few differences compared to its iOS counterpart, but these differences are included with the iOS game's latest update.
Here's what's included in Fallout Shelter's version 1.1 update:
- To ensure your experience is as enjoyable and hassle-free as possible, Vault-Tec engineers have implemented some exiting new features!
- Overseers should be on the lookout for new threats to their Vault Dwellers. Some Vaults have reported attacks by burrowing Mole Rats and enraged Deathclaws - likely attracted by the sound of new construction.
- Vault-Tec has partnered with General Atomics International in order to offer Overseers their very own robot butler - the Mister Handy! Now you lazier Overseers have a friendly, entertaining alternative to tapping and collecting resources. (Crumpets not included.)
- Our engineers clearly underestimated the, *ahem*, usefulness of living quarters to stimulate Vault growth, resulting in gross overpopulation and decreased Vault efficiency. Rest assured, the simulation has been adjusted, and Vaults of all shapes and sizes should now run more smoothly.
- Not content with stealing your Vault's resources, some rather enterprising Raiders have now resorted to stealing Caps as well. (If you haven't armed your Vault Dwellers yet, now's the time!)
- As Vault-Tec does not approve of the use of unsanctioned levitation technology, all Vault Dwellers that were found floating through the air have been grounded. Permanently.
- Some of the more difficult daily objective requirements have been adjusted to more obtainable levels. You're welcome.
- Continued general maintenance to the Vault simulation. Because an efficient machine is a happy machine!
For those wondering, Fallout 4 will launch on Nov. 10 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Pre-ordering the Xbox One version of the game will unlock a free copy of Fallout 3 via backwards compatibility.
100 Video Game Facts You May Not Know