Smite Dev Diary: The MOBA Heads to Xbox One
Watch this behind the scenes video as Hi-Rez Studios crafts and balances out its MOBA, Smite, in preparation for its Xbox One release.
Smite is coming to Xbox One and Hi-Rez Studios is giving you a first peak at PAX East this weekend. You can experience the third-person MOBA at booth #9116. However, this isn't the only exciting thing that will be happening at Hi-Rez's booth — if you do happen to stop by, you will receive access to its closed alpha for Xbox One.
To celebrate Smite's upcoming Xbox One release, Hi-Rez has released a new dev diary that you can view above that gives a little more insight into the game. It details the five different game modes that Smite has to offer: Arena, Conquest, Joust, Siege and Assault. Here's what how gametype is going to play like:
- Arena (5v5) – Smite's take on Team Deathmatch. Go online, or load up some bots for local or co-op play.
- Conquest (5v5) – Classic MOBA gameplay. Three lanes, minions, towers and a titan boss fight.
- Joust (1v1 to 3v3) – One-lane, head-to-head competition. Quick, brutal and fun.
- Siege (4v4) – Two-lane combat fueled by colossal siege monsters that either team can summon.
- Assault (5v5) – All Gods are picked randomly before duking it out in one giant lane of chaos.
There are 60 different characters that you can play in Smite to ensure you'll never get bored, but just in case you need more of a reason to play, did we mention that the game is free? Even the Xbox One version will be available at no charge (unless you want to pay for its premium content, such as skins).
If you want in on Smite's alpha for Xbox One, you'd better get your butt to the Hi-Rez booth this weekend at PAX East and get ready for its start on March 11.