Microsoft Looking to Hire for New Game Dev Studio, Decisive Games
Microsoft's Decisive Games is hiring, and you just might be able to work on the revitalization of a classic RTS franchise.
Decisive Games is the new team that Microsoft Games Studios is looking to hire for, reports GameSpot. You can check out the oficial job listing on either Microsoft's website or its LinkedIn, but the SparkNotes version is that it's looking for someone who will, "Be part of Microsoft Game Studios, and help [it] create the next-generation of awesome games for Windows and Xbox!"
It's looking for someone who specifically has experience in the world class strategy game development field being as that is what it wants Decisive Games to focus on. A breakdown of the requirements to apply include:
- 4+ years of C++ programming experience
- 2+ years designing and implementing large scale client/server systems
- Distributed computing and clustering, multithreading and network security experience
- Experience with web development frameworks
- The ability to write good coding
- Experience with Windows platform APIs and toolsets
With a new game development studio looking to hire to, "bring the next installment in a beloved strategy game franchise" we can only guess at what Microsoft might have up its sleeve, but it has been suggested that Age of Empires II, Rise of Nations or Halo Wars could be up at bat.
You can check out the full job description and requirements on Microsoft's page or its LinkedIn, but we're going to have to wait to see what other details Microsoft releases about this new game to truly tell what will happen next.