Divinity: Original Sin Trailer: Heading to PS4 and Xbox One
Larian Studios and Focus Home Interactive are teaming up to help Divinity: Original Sin make the jump to current-gen consoles.
After collecting over 150 game of the year awards and nominations, Larian Studios' Divinity: Original Sin will be making the jump to current-gen with an Enhanced Edition. Divinity is getting a full overhaul, including a new UI, optimized for controllers and split-screen gameplay. Also, full voice acting is on the way, featuring Alec Newman and Alix Wilton Regan.
"There was a lot of publisher interest for [the console version] but when Focus approached us, the decision was rapidly made. We know each other well, having worked together since 2002, and that means there's a lot of mutual trust & respect, said Larian Studios CEO Swen Vincke. "Focus' recent growth as well as the energy and enthusiasm showcased by their team makes me confident they'll do a great job in publishing the Xbox One & PS4 versions of Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition."
Here is a list of some of the features going into this new version of the RPG:
- Become part of a reactive, living and open world. Explore diverse environments, find myriad creatures and tons of desirable items.
- Experience gripping, party and turn-based combat. Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos.
- Play in co-op multiplayer online or in local split-screen and engage in co-op dialogues. Shape your relationships with your partner that will influence the game.
- Unravel a deep and epic story, set in the early days of Rivellon. Taking place well before Divine Divinity and Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga, Divinity: Original Sin presents you with a familiar world in another era.
- Classless system lets you shape your character any way you want. Endless item interaction and combinations take things to another level of freedom.
"We're very proud to accompany Larian on such a big project. We're pleased to see that both Focus and Larian have remarkably grown since our first partnership more than 10 years ago," said Focus Home Interactive Managing Partner Cedric Lagarrigue. "And that now together we'll deliver one of the most exciting RPGs that will release on consoles at the end of 2015."
Larian Studios and Focus Home Interactive may not have revealed a release date or launch window for Divinity: Original Sin — Enhanced Edition, but it will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.