Ultra Street Fighter IV Patch Released for PS4, Issues Remain
Capcom has finally rolled out a patch addressing many of the issues plaguing the PlayStation 4 version of Ultra Street Fighter IV.
Gio Corsi, SCEA's Third Party Production Director, announced on the PlayStation Blog that Capcom has rolled out a patch for Other Ocean Interactive's PS4 port of Ultra Street Fighter IV. As noted in my review of the PS4 version, Ultra Street Fighter IV was plagued by a variety of glitches and input lag. The input lag and glitches were so noticeable that Capcom decided to pull the PS4 version of USFIV from the Capcom Pro Tour and from EVO 2015 until it gets fixed, replacing it on the tournament scene with the Xbox 360 version. While this update does address a lot of my gripes with the game, the horrendous background audio/ambiance glitches appear to be unaddressed, which made my sound system go absolutely berserk.
Here is a list of everything addressed with this recent patch:
- Reduce interface lag within menus
- Addressed disappearing projectiles
- Fixed Decapre’s teleport animation
- Fixed Rolento’s audio glitch (during victory screen)
- Fixed missing SFX for Red Focus attack
- Fixed Akuma’s stomp SFX not playing
- Addressed bottom portion of the ON/OFF text being cutoff under the graphics settings in the Options menu
- Removed extra character ¦ that was sometimes displayed in Leaderboards at the end of a player’s name even if they have not set it to be there
- Fixed issue when seeking an Arcade match-up with LAN cabled disconnected and then starting up training results in a message ID being displayed
- Addressed Online IDs not appearing correctly
- Addresses issue when changing the HP bar’s HUD position in Options, the Online ID HUD position does not move with it and is displayed at the default position
- Anisotropic Filtering (AF) changes to decrease blur
- Fixed appearance of white box after backing out of a command list menu
- Addressed Fight Request issue in Arcade Mode
The following tweet was posted last week after multiple reports and complaints of the game's glitches were being made:
Unfortunately, fighting game enthusiasts (including yours truly) have noticed that there is still input lag during gameplay, which is the biggest concern for most players. Here's to hoping the input lag and the background sound errors get fixed with the next update.