Comcept Teaming With Deep Silver to Launch Mighty No. 9 in September
Comcept and Inti Creates have announced that Deep Silver is helping them launch a physical release of Mighty No. 9. Comcept launched Mighty No. 9's Kickstarter back in 2013 with a goal of $900,000. Mega Man and Inafune fans rallied to pledge over $3.8 million to this project. We're glad to see that Beck finally has an official release date. On top of that, it's getting a physical, retail edition for the current-gen versions of the game.
To celebrate, Comcept has revealed all kinds of new features coming to the game:
- Play through 12 Unique and Challenging Stages in a single player campaign.
- Unlock the New Game+ to add an additional two extra difficulty levels including a punishing Turbo mode.
- The Single Player Challenge mode with dozens of mini missions for the hardest of challenges.
- Boss Rush Mode: Play through each of the game‘s bosses, back to back, with a clock ticking to keep track of your best time.
- Show the world how Mighty you are in the 2 Player Online Race Battle where you compete online, racing through each stage together in a head to head battle – adding an all new twist on versus mode play that will give Mighty No. 9 life well beyond the single-player campaign.
- 2 Player Online Co-Op Challenge Mode: take on over a dozen missions online with a friend, playing as Beck and his partner, Call! Use Beck and Call’s different powers together in order to defeat these special challenges.
- Toggle between regular and 8-bit music: this game is a veritable who’s who of veteran game composers – Manami Matsumae, Takeshi Tateishi, Ippo Yamada. As such, Mighty No. 9 features an optional chiptune version of the entire game soundtrack which you can toggle on and off.
- Brand new Ray DLC which features a new stage with its own unique boss as well as a brand new unlockable playable character.
- Voice-over support: Japanese and French voice-overs have been recorded and will be added to all versions of the game alongside the already planned English VO.
- Localized versions: Deep Silver will provide localized versions with subtitles in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Polish and Brazilian Portuguese languages.
"The incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign for Mighty No. 9 through Keiji Inafune and his team has shown how huge their fan base is and how much anticipation there is for a true spiritual successor of classic side-scrolling action games. Deep Silver is proud to publish this game and help comcept in bringing their vision to life," said Klemens Kundratitz, CEO, Deep Silver.
Mighty No. 9 will be hitting the digital marketplace and store shelves on Sept. 15 for PC, PlayStation 4, Wii U and Xbox One. Beck will hit the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on this date as a digital-only game. The PS Vita and Nintendo 3DS versions of Mighty No. 9 will digitally launch at a later date.
"This is a great opportunity for comcept: The partnership enables us to deliver Mighty No. 9 to a wider audience while adding some great extra value to the game," says Keiji Inafune, Comcept CEO. "We are confident that the extra content will be worth the wait."