ID@Xbox E3 2015 Trailers: Ashen, Tacoma, Cuphead and More
The ID@Xbox initiative is helping indie developers get their unique titles onto the Xbox One. Based on Microsoft's upcoming lineup, there are going to be some potential classics on the way for the second half of 2015 and 2016. In particular, we can't wait for Tacoma, which is being developed by The Fullbright Company, who did the award-winning Gone Home. We're also getting the next game coming from Dean Hall (the creator of DayZ), ION. This space station-oriented MMO will have players living and dying in huge constructions in space where you must try to survive the final frontier.
Courtesy of the Xbox Wire, here's a quick rundown of all the indie games coming:
- Ashen by Aurora44 (Xbox console exclusive) – An action RPG about a wanderer in search of a place to call home. There is no sun and the natural light that exists comes from eruptions that cover the land in ash. Players can guide those they trust to their camp – together, you might just stand a chance.
- Cuphead by Studio MDHR (Xbox console exclusive) – A single player or co-op run and gun platformer, heavily focused on boss battles. Inspired by 1930s cartoons, the visuals are hand drawn and inked and the music is all original jazz recordings.
- Tacoma by Fullbright (First on Xbox One and PC) – Discovery. Exploration. Isolation. What is life like 200,000 miles from Earth? Uncover the mysteries held by Lunar Transfer Station Tacoma and its crew, living at the edge of humanity's reach. Tacoma, the next game from the creators of Gone Home.
- Beyond Eyes by Team17/tiger & squid (First on Xbox One and PC) – A modern fairy tale about finding courage and friendship. Step by step, uncover an incredible world, carefully guiding Rae, a young blind girl, on a life changing journey.
- The Flame in the Flood by The Molasses Flood (First on Xbox One) – A rogue-lite river journey through the backwaters of a forgotten post-societal America. It will make its console debut on Xbox One.
- Superhot by Superhot (First to console on Xbox One) – A unique, stylish first-person shooter where time moves only when you move.
- Game Four by The Behemoth (First on Xbox One and PC) – Master the destiny of a full cast of tragically unique heroes as you plot a course across an apocalyptic wonderland! In this fast-paced, turn-based, co-op adventure set in the world of Castle Crashersyou’ll quest and explore, find awesome loot, customize your fighters, and recruit strange species!
- Goat Simulator: Mmore Goatz Edition by Double Eleven/Coffee Stain (First to console on Xbox) – You no longer have to fantasize about being a zombie goat in the middle of a zombie apocalypse or a simulated goat in a simulated MMO, your dreams have finally come true!
- ION by RocketWerkz (First on Xbox One and PC) – From the creator of DayZ and inspired by the cult favourite Space Station 13; ION is an emergent narrative massively-multiplayer online game in which players will build, live in and inevitably die in huge floating galactic constructions as humanity makes its first steps colonizing the universe. Technology from Improbable allows ION to have a massive interconnected universe with fully simulated environments such as power grids, air pressure and heat; all to help stave off the unending vacuum of space.
- The Long Dark by Hinterland Studio (First to console on Xbox One) – An immersive survival simulation set in the aftermath of a geomagnetic disaster. Experience a unique first-person survival simulation that will force you to think and push you to your limits with its thought-provoking gameplay and mature storytelling.
- Sheltered by Unicube (First on Xbox One and PC) – Sheltered is a strategy game where you're set the task of keeping your family alive in the cut-throat, desolate expanse that is the post-apocalyptic era. A father, a mother, a daughter and a son. Given a head-start over the billions lost in the nuclear holocaust, you start in an almost impenetrable underground fortress designed to keep a family alive and well.
- DayZ by Bohemia Interactive – DayZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can.
Check Out These Interesting Video Game Facts: