Heroes of the Storm Adds Eternal Conflict Content
Get your butts back into the Nexus, because Blizzard is bringing the war between Heaven and Hell to Heroes of the Storm with the Eternal Conflict update.
The latest patch notes for Blizzard's little-MOBA-that-could are officially up, ringing in the addition of the Eternal Conflict, representing never-ending battle between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells from Diablo 3. There are plenty of things to go over, but the meatiest bits of the update include a brand new Battleground and a brand new Hero.
Players will be able to duke it out on the Battlefield of Eternity, which is a two-lane Battleground that includes two Immortals that serve as centerpieces, brawling in the middle of the map. Both teams will have to try to topple the opposing Immoortal, because the victor will then regen its Health and start attack enemy structures. This Battleground also includes two new Mercenaries, the Fallen Shaman and the Khazra. The Shaman will revive any Fallen Hounds, so you should focus your fire on this healer when attempting to clear the groups. As for the Khazra, you shouldn't take them lightly because they're goat creatures. Gain their allegiance and you'll rain spears down on the enemy.
Then there's the new Hero, The Butcher. His trait is "Fresh Meat," which allows nearby Minions and Heroes to drop meat upon death (tasty). Picking up meat will net you a 1% bonus to Basic Attack damage, up to a maximum of 25%. Sadly, all the meat is lost upon death. Here's a breakdown of his skills, according to the patch notes:
- Hamstring (Q)
- Deal damage and slow enemies by 50%, fading over 2 seconds. Your next Basic Attack will strike immediately.
- Butcher’s Brand (W)
- Deal damage to an enemy, and cause your Basic Attacks against the branded target to heal you for 75% of the damage done for 5 seconds. Healing doubled versus Heroes.
- Ruthless Onslaught (E)
- Charge at an enemy, becoming Unstoppable and gaining Movement Speed. If you reach the target, they take damage and become stunned for 1 second.
- Lamb to the Slaughter (R)
- Throw a hitching post that attaches to the nearest enemy Hero after a 1 second delay. This deals damage, and chains the enemy to the post for 4 seconds.
- Furnace Blast (R)
- After a 3 second delay, fire explodes around you, dealing massive damage to enemies in the area. Furnace Blast can be cast while using Ruthless Onslaught.