Magic Duels: Origins Trailer: Planeswalking for Free
Steel Games is coming out with a new Magic: The Gathering game for PC and consoles, but this time it will be free-to-play.
It seems as though there are many card-based games arriving right on the heels of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft and now Magic will be following the trend. We know, we know — Magic: The Gathering may have been the start to the whole card game craze, it definitely wasn't a free-to-play game. We all know most free-to-play games have some kind of ploy to make money in them (in Hearthstone you can buy expansion packs and gold for cards), but Magic Duels: Origins is fully free-to-play with all of its in-game content earnable without the use of paid DLC, VG247 reports.
Magic Duels: Origins will have the following features:
- Improved Deck Builder with step-by-step deck construction guidance
- First-ever playable Planeswalker cards
- Solo Battle mode featuring virtually endless AI opponents
- Expanded multiplayer options, including Two-Headed Giant mode
- Quest system with new individual and community challenges every week
- Limitless Free-to-Play with 100% earnable content
- All-new Skill Quest tutorial system
It seems that this will be a good alternative for all of you that have been wanting to take Magic up without having to spend a bunch of money on card decks. Although we'll have to wait until the game is officially released to see if it really will stay true to its 100 percent earnable promise, it seems so far that it will.
Magic Duels: Origins will be coming out in July for PC, Xbox One and iPad and will come out for PlayStation 4 later this year.