Twitch Streaming Not Available at Launch for Xbox One
Though it was a feature promised to release alongside the Xbox One on Nov. 22, today Twitch and Microsoft announced livestreaming straight from the console wouldn't be available until next year.
A new post on Twitch's blog broke the news when detailing the achievements you'll be able to earn when using the Twitch app on the Xbox One.
"We know that the ability to broadcast your Xbox One gameplay direct to Twitch is something you’re all very excited about," said community manager Jared Rea. "So are we! Microsoft is working hard to ensure that the Twitch broadcasting experience meets all of your expectations, and we’re looking forward to sharing more details with you all in the future."
While Twitch didn't offer any details on when we could expect streaming capabilities to arrive, Microsoft shed a bit more light on the subject.
"We know the ability to instantly broadcast gameplay is something the gaming community is excited about, and we are too," Microsoft told Polygon in a statement. "We are working to ensure the initial Twitch on Xbox One broadcasting experience meets the expectations of the Twitch community, so while this feature won't be available right away, we'll let you know as soon as it is ready. Our goal is to deliver it during the first part of 2014."
If you have a capture box and software, you'll still be able to stream like you could on the Xbox 360, but broadcasting right from the Xbox One would have been nicer for sure. In the meantime, Twitch posted a new video showcasing how the app will work on the Xbox One, and you can take a look at all the potential achievements you can earn below.
- Newcomer: Watch one hour of live video on Twitch
- Competitive: Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch
- Best Viewer: Watch 100 hours of live video on Twitch
- Hipster: Watch one hour of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers
- Talent Scout: Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers
- Max Bandwith: Watch a single channel on Twitch for more than eight hours consecutively
- Around the Clock: Watch at least one minute of live video on Twitch in each hour of a full day
- Prime Time: Watch a total of 10 hours of live video on Twitch between peak viewing hours from 7:30 to 11:30PM, on a weekday