The latest trailer for Paradox Interactive's The Showdown Effect shows off the game's high-octane gameplay and a lot of action movie cliches.
This 2.5D game is inspired by the action flicks from the '80s and '90s, which is something we can support wholeheartedly. It's even got the Don LaFontaine-like narration in the trailer, adding to the cool factor. Just watch the ridiculousness as characters jump around, wielding uzis, miniguns, and all sort of dude-ending devices that can be found in action movies. Paradox has even thrown in a jetpack for good measure.
We're looking forward to the one-liners and over-the-top action, but according to the game's website, you can also expect to find:
- Up to 8 player fast paced cinematic multiplayer action
- Rich, detailed audiovisual feedback
- Context-sensitive movement and combat
- Progress your character and unlock new customization options
- Multiple game modes
- Re-experience the action of your childhood movies across different environments.
- Numerous heroes, dozens of weapons, hundreds of moves - infinite fun