Creator of Original Snake Mobile Game Reveals Sequel
If any of you remember playing Snake on the old Nokia phones of the late 1990s and early 2000s, check out its sequel coming from the game's creator.
Rumilus Design (courtesy of Kotaku) has announced that Taneli Armanto, who created the original 90s version of the Snake cellphone game, is making a comeback next week with Snake Rewind. This game is supposedly going to be a sequel/followup to the retro cellphone game (that's probably the first time I ever called a mobile game "retro"). Back in high school, I used to play Snake on my Nokia 5110 and other games on my TI-86 calculator (I'm pretty sure my old Nokia can survive a nuclear apocalypse). I was able to get away with playing games during class because most teachers didn't think you were able to play them on a cellphone or graphing calculator.
Here are some of Snake Rewind's features according to Rumilus Design:
- REWIND THE SNAKE TO CONTINUE THE GAME EVEN AFTER CRASHING!
- MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF SPECIAL FRUIT, WITH UNIQUE POWERS AND EFFECTS!
- 10 LEVELS WITH DISTINCT VISUALS AND MUSIC, UNLOCKED BY COMPLETING FUN AND CHALLENGING MISSIONS!
- FRUIT STORE WHERE BOOSTERS AND ITEMS CAN BE UPGRADED AND PURCHASED, USING FRUIT THAT YOU COLLECT WHILE PLAYING!
- COMPETE AGAINST OTHER PLAYERS FOR HIGHER SCORES AND RANKINGS ON THE LEADERBOARDS, CONNECT WITH FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK!
- FILL THE WHOLE SCREEN WITH THE SNAKE AND FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS THEN!
Snake Rewind will launch on May 14 for the iOS, Android and Windows Phone formats.