Due to a lack of online community support, Electronic Arts will be shutting down several servers for older titles this month.
As EA explained, when a game's online component is responsible for, "fewer than 1% of all peak online players across all EA titles," the publisher makes the hard decision to pull sever support for such a game.
Six titles will forever walk into that long, cold night on Jan. 11th. Fortunately, save for the NBA games, all of them are sports titles that have had more recent entries which will continue to keep the online ongoing. Here's a list of the games:
- FIFA 11 for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, along with FIFA 11 Ultimate Team.
- Madden NFL 11 on the PS3 and 360, as well as Madden 11 Ultimate Team.
- NHL 11 on PS3 and 360, and the NHL 11 Ultimate Team.
- NCAA Football 11 for PS3 and 360.
- NBA Live 11 for PS3 and 360.
- NBA Jam for PS3 and 360.
What do you think of the news? Were any of these games still in your rotation?