Hyrule Warriors DLC Makes Dark Beast Ganon Playable
That's right, the behemoth, Trident-wielding beast form of Ganondorf is back and playable in Hyrule Warriors' upcoming DLC.
Gematsu reports that Hyrule Warriors' Ganon Pack DLC will be hitting the Japanese Nintendo eShop on Feb. 26. This DLC comes with two challenge modes, five costumes and a new character: Dark Beast Ganon. For those who don't remember, Ganondorf often took the form of a giant, pig-like creature and would often wield a magical Trident that would make him transform. This Trident and the Dark Beast form of Ganon were at the center of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures' plot. You guys will probably recognize this character most as the final boss of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
Here are descriptions of the two new challenge modes in the Ganon Pack DLC:
- Boss Challenge - Battle against huge demon beasts and aim for the high score in this additional mode. For every battle, you can leave a record with each character. As a reward, you can acquire costumes for Link, Zelda, and Lana.
- Ganon Play - Control the demonic beast Ganon and aim for the high score in this additional mode. With his excessively large stature, he can destroy the battlefield and take out hordes of enemies like never before seen. You can leave a record for every battle. As a reward, you can acquire costumes for Ganondorf and Cia.
Hyrule Warriors has also received update 1.6.0, which has the following updates:
- Max level raised
- New mixture potions added
- New medals added
- Challenge mode expanded
- Score recording function added
- Challenge scenarios added
- Bug that extends load times when entering battles fixed
Stay tuned as we'll provide more coverage on this DLC once we have an official word about its Western release.