We should have expected this, since Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is a platforming game. It only makes sense that it would head to other systems!
German developers Black Forest Games will be responsible for bringing the retro-styled platformer to the PlayStation Network while bitComposer will bring it to Windows-based PC, retailers and Xbox Live Arcade.
The game focuses on Giana as she tries to rescue her sister Maria from the Dream World. Giana has the power to transform herself, which in turn transforms the world around her. For example, one of her forms might exist in a dream in which a bridge has collapsed, but transforming will change the world so that the bridge becomes whole.
According to the press release, the game will have the following key features:
- Challenging levels: Discover three distinctive worlds with a total of 23 levels, which can be transformed from a colorful dream to an eerie nightmare at the push of a button.
- Personal style: Regardless whether you dash through the levels in speed-run or take your time to explore every last corner, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams offers something for everyone.
- Superb graphics: Dreamlike landscapes transform themselves from lush, resplendent surroundings into surreal, withered nightmare worlds, in which there are always new details to discover.
- Intriguing puzzles: Blocked paths open up when Giana transforms herself; lovely flowerbeds mutate into deadly thorn bushes, and some diamonds can only be gathered in one form or the other.
- Diverse playing modes: The game is challenging in normal mode, but it can be a truly harrowing experience in hardcore and super-hardcore modes.
- Legendary soundtrack: Listen to Chris Hülsbeck’s music as it transitions from the classic chiptunes to the metal riffs of the Swedish SID-rockers, Machinae Supremacy.
- Epic boss-battles: Whether devilish demons or powerful end-bosses, you will need every trick in your arsenal to defeat your opponents.