There's a new trailer up for Fire Emblem Awakening and it's set to teach you about the many different classes available in the game.
There's only about two more weeks to go until the game drops, so every new bit of media just serves to increase our desire to see its release. The last trailer that Nintendo thrust out into the stream of the internet showed you how you can strengthen the bond between your units to help them fight more effectively.
This time around, we're given a rundown on the classes available in the game, as well as their strengths and weaknesses on the battlefield. Fans of the series are already acquainted with the rock-paper-scissors system when it comes to weaponry (think Pokemon types being either strong or weak against others), but this should be a handy primer for any newcomers. The usual formula is Swords beat Axes, Axes beat Lances, and Lances beat Swords, with some weapons designed to break the triangle.You can't forget about the power of magic either, which adds another dimension to the battles.
The video goes through a whole reel of classes, which include base classes such as:
- Knight - A heavily armored knight with high defense. Weak against magic.
- Cavalier - A mounted knight with balanced stats. Wields swords, lance.
- Archer - A unit that can attack enemies from a distance. Wields bows.
- Tactician - An aspiring tactician of cryptic origins. Wields swords, tomes.
- Myrmidon - A swift specialist in the blade who makes for a tricky target.
- Cleric - A female healer who uses staves. Cannot attack.
- Lord - A youth of royal blood. Wields swords.
- Mage - A tome wielder whose magic works well on armored foes.
- Thief - A shadowy figure who fares better at picking locks than fights.
- Pegasus Knight - A graceful flier. Strong against magic, weak against blows.
- Wyvern Rider - A proud flier with high stats. Weak against bows and magic.