Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is a Monstrous Expansion
Capcom's taking the brutal adventures from Dragon's Dogma and amping everything up in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.
It was announced last year, but now Capcom's bringing forth juicy new details about the expansion to Dragon's Dogma. Dark Arise promises a new area, missions, enemies, and all of the original game's content, packed onto a physical disc and available as a digital download.
The new area is called the Bitterblack Isle (just saying the name puts a bad taste in our mouths), and players will fight a bunch of new baddies in an underground realm. Those who persevere through the new quest might find themselves rewarded with treasure, which veteran players can shower on their old heroes thanks to the option to export characters and other saved data.
There will be new high-level skills, augments, and new weapons and armor sets to help you boost your character and make them an unstoppable force of thing-killing might.
If you've never played Dragon's Dogma before, then you have nothing to worry about since all of the original game's content will be available in this expansion. Props to Capcom for letting folk play catch-up without making them pay double.
But if you did play the original Dragon's Dogma and decide to get Dark Arisen, Capcom will reward you with 100,000 Rift crystals, unlimited Ferrystones, and six brand new costumes in the Gransys Armor Pack.
According to the press release, here are the changes we'll see:
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 Skills
- DD:DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns.
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
· And there’s more:
- Increased character customisation options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over