Disney Infinity 3.0 to Launch Star Wars Line in August
Boba Fett, Han, Chewie , Mulan, Hulkbuster Iron Man and a ton of other new characters will debut next month during Disney Infinity 3.0's anticipated release.
Disney Interactive and Avalanche Software have announced the release date of Disney Infinity 3.0 (courtesy of Polygon). This marks the long-awaited addition of the Star Wars series to the Disney Infinity line, as Infinity 2.0 saw the addition of the Marvel universe. In order to start playing, you're going to need the game's $64.99 Starter Pack. The Starter Pack features the Twilight of the Republic play set, which includes the core Infinity 3.0 game, a new figure base and the Ahsoka and Anakin figures. PlayStation gamers can also buy the Star Wars Saga Starter Pack, which includes the regular Starter Pack as well as the Rise Against the Empire play set (including Luke and Leia's figures) for $114.99. It will feature a bonus Boba Fett figure as well. The other play sets for Disney Infinity 3.0 will cost $34.99 each, individual figures go for $13.99 apiece and the Power Disc Packs cost $9.99 each.
Here's a list of everything available during Disney Infinity 3.0's launch next month (future play sets and figures are in the works):
- Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Play Set (Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano figures included) for players who choose to digitally download the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Software; additional standalone figures (Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi) and Power Disc Pack
- Star Wars Rebels figures (Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren and Zeb Orrelios)
- Star Wars Saga Starter Pack
- Disney•Pixar's Inside Out Play Set (Joy and Anger figures included) and additional standalone figures (Sadness, Disgust and Fear)
- Disney figures (Mickey, Minnie, Mulan, Olaf, Sam Flynn and Quorra)
- Tomorrowland Power Disc Pack
Disney Infinity 3.0 will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC on Aug. 30.
100 Video Game Facts You May Not Know