Destiny Leads in September’s NPD Sales Numbers
Surprising almost nobody, Destiny leads the sales in Sept. 2014, according to the NPD.
Although number might technically down from last year, September was still a good month because it's compared to Grand Theft Auto 5's launch last year, according to CVG. In fact, Destiny helped make September the "biggest month in 2014" for just PlayStation 4 hardware sales alone.
NPD's Liam Callahan also notes that Sony hit it big with their PlayStation Store sales last month, making it the biggest month in terms of digital sales for the company, all thanks to lazy people not wanting to go outside and downloading Destiny instead.
As for the physical sales of software, here are the top 10:
1) Destiny (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3)
2) Madden NFL 15 (360, PS4, PS3, XBO)
3) FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, PS3, XBO, Wii, Vita, 3DS)
4) Super Smash Bros. (3DS)
5) Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor (PS4, XBO, PC)
6) NHL 15 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
7) Minecraft (360, PS3)
8) The Sims 4 (PC)
9) Disney Infinity 2.0 (360, PS3, Wii U, PS4, XBO)
10) Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PS4, 360, PS3, XBO, PC)
Chances are, if you've picked up a new game last month, you bought at least one of the titles above. We can't wait to see how October 2014 pans out.