Earlier this week, CD Projekt Red delayed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt further into 2015. Now the developer has reached to explain the motivating factors behind the decision.

Originally, The Witcher 3 was supposed to be released in Feb. 2015, however recently the game makers have come out and said that it was going to push it even further--to May. Eurogamer reports that Adam Kiciński, a representative from the board of CD Projekt Red has come forward with some statements about why its game continues to be delayed. One of the first things he said is that people seem to be harboring some resentment over "badly polished games on next-gen platforms." By this, Kiciński is directly pointing at several of the major holiday releases which all arrived with serious issues, some of which are still being fixed. Clearly, CD Projekt Red doesn't want The Witcher 3 to be in that same category.

However, Kiciński is also looking to reassure the fans, "We want to disarm the opinion that [The Witcher 3] doesn't exist," he stated. "It will be closed by the end of the year in line with the schedule.

"There's a lot of small errors though, because the game is huge. It's the only reason behind the delay. We didn't assume it will be this big... Let me remind you: it's open and not linear. We are just learning how to play it and we have to catch the little pieces... We don't want to release the game with bugs that undermine the gameplay." He also went on to acknowledge that the release date that was set for Feb. 2015 was simply set too early on in production. Now that the production is further in, CD Projekt Red has a better idea of when the game can come out with the quality the fans are expecting.

"We want to put our names under this game," Kiciński stressed again, "it has to be fun." Hopefully the wait will be worth it, and CDPR will have enough time to quash the remaining issues, when The Witcher 3 arrives on May 19.