Two of the coolest games in cool game history are being packed together in one shiny bundle. You won't know what to do with all of the horrifying action coming your way. Except for maybe run as soon as you hear a Big Daddy's rumble, but that goes without saying.
Do you miss Rapture's dank, creepy art deco aesthetics? Want to tumble with the Big Daddies and make decisions regarding the fates of Little Sisters again? Or maybe you just long for the days when you could telekinetically launch a Slicer's own facemask at his spleen? Whatever your reason for wanting to go back to Rapture, 2k Games is giving you the chance with BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition.
The bundle will retail for $29.99 (a steal, in our opinion), and will come with a host of extra content, for those who really want their Rapture experience fleshed out. So along with BioShock and BioShock 2, the Ultimate Rapture Edition will feature the following:
• Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
• Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics—Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster—for use in BioShock.
• Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player's mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
• Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character's development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
• Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
• The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players' mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
• Minerva's Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva's Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
• Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.
We're not sure if people are still playing the BioShock 2 multiplayer, but this bundle should at least breathe some new life into the experience. And the Museum certainly seems like amazing content for BioShock fans.
Would you kindly let us know in the comments section below if you'll be picking this bundle up when it's released on January 14th, 2013?